From: Anthony Carricato <email@example.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 9, 2018, 13:28
Subject: I accept your invitation to take the pledge!
Good afternoon Lawrence, and the entire team at Action Sandy Hill/Action Côte-de-Sable,
First of all let me begin by saying thank you for being such engaged members of our city and for launching this campaign. As a candidate in Capital Ward 17, I am very impressed by the level of engagement and attention you have brought to this important issue over the past few months. Seeing as Sandy Hill and Old Ottawa East, which is part of Capital Ward, are neighbours, I am proud to support your campaign in Sandy Hill and will do everything I can to be a champion for healthy, beautiful and sustainable neighbourhoods.
You can count on me, and I am happy to accept your invitation to take the pledge!
In my platform, you will find the my commitment to promoting development that serves the priorities of the people who live around it and insist on planning decisions that better serve the community and the environment.
As the next Councillor for Capital Ward, I pledge to do the following:
- Promote planning that provides clarity and certainty for both residents and developers alike
- Advocate for planning decisions that better serve the community, the environment and that considers the preservation of our heritage buildings
- Work with city staff for stricter enforcement of rooming and infills zoning rules
- Support a housing-first strategy to solve the affordable housing shortage and the inclusion of inclusionary zoning in the next Official Plan
- Support planning decisions reflect a broader vision for future development across the city
- Work towards ensuring that city services and recreational facilities keep pace with residential development in our ward
- Include residents earlier in the development planning and proposal process, giving you more opportunities to raise your concerns and share your ideas
- If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to me at anytime. Thanks again for the the opportunity to be involved with such an important campaign. I am happy to support you any way that I can.
Candidate, Capital Ward