The One & Only Arts and Crafts Fair is organized by members of Sandy Hill’s community association, Action Sandy Hill, and is held each November at the Sandy Hill Community Centre. Funds raised are used to support work in the community by Action Sandy Hill and local youth and arts organizations. After two years when we were not able to hold the fair artisans, artists and shoppers returned for a very successful and enjoyable event in 2022. Proceeds went to support:
- Ecole Publique Secondaire De La Salle for the 40th anniversary celebration of the school’s Centre d’excellence artistique de l’Ontario by the creation of a painted wall mural inside the school.
- MASC (MASC offers schools and communities arts experiences led by professional artists) to add a birchbark workshop to their April Atelier programming in Arts Court.
The One & Only volunteer team is back and planning this year’s event, which will take place on Saturday, November 18, 2022 from 10 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. We’d like to offer vendors who have supported the event in the past the chance to pre-register for November using the form at the bottom of this page.
Early bird price paid on or before 19 August 2023: $52.50. Regular price paid after 31 July 2022: $68.25.
Payment can be made securely online using the Paypal service (you can use your PayPal account if you have one or use the PayPal service to pay with any credit card) at this link:
We look for unique products that are:
- Hand-made – made by the artisan from scratch, for example: the beads on a necklace are hand-made or come from a unique source.
- Quirky – unusual, interesting, inventive, arty and non-traditional.
- Good-quality – good value for the price.
To avoid disappointment, we encourage vendors to offer for sale some items valued at under $50.00.
(FYI here is the vendor directory for the 2022 event).
Facility and Terms
- Cancellation/refund policy: if you have paid and then need to cancel the fee paid will be refunded (less $10.00 to cover administration costs) so long as you let us know before 21th October 2023 (4 weeks prior to the event). We reserve the right to not refund any of the fee if you cancel after 21th October 2023.
- Every vendor is responsible for processing his/her sales transactions. Note: the venue now has public wifi service.
- A space measures at least 8 feet by 5 feet. One table will be provided per registered vendor (a rectangular table of 6 feet by 2½ feet; two chairs will be also be provided per table). A limited number of spaces have good access to an electrical outlet, every effort will be made to allocate these spaces to vendors who request them on a first come first serve basis.
- There is a limited amount of free parking in the community centre parking lot; entrance off Sweetland St.
- There is a loading zone at the front entrance but please take care not to block the handicapped parking space there.
- Additional details about the event logistics and publicity will be provided closer to the date (typically in September).
- Advertising: Posters about the Fair will be put up in the Sandy Hill area, on Action Sandy Hill’s website, and ads will be placed in local newspapers and on social media. Cards will be distributed to local businesses. You will receive a digital version of the Fair’s poster, which you are encouraged to print and post in your area, at work and on your social media.
- Raffle: A raffle will be held during the Fair. A condition of vendor participation is a donation to the raffle of an item made by them valued at $20.00 or less. Items will be collected on the morning of the Fair.
Provisional floor plan with table numbers