The One & Only Arts and Crafts Fair is organized by members of Sandy Hill’s community association, Action Sandy Hill, and is held each November at the Sandy Hill Community Centre. Funds raised are used to support work in the community by Action Sandy Hill and local youth and arts organizations. We are very happy to announce that after an enforced hiatus the One & Only volunteer team is back and planning this year’s event, which will take place on Saturday 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., November 12, 2022. We’d like to offer vendors who have supported the event in the past the chance to pre-register for November using the form at the bottom of this page.
We’re pleased to say we have found a way to keep the table fee the same as in 2019:
Early bird price paid on or before 31 July 2022: $50.00. Regular price paid after 31 July 2022: $65.00.
Payment can be made securely online using the Paypal service (you can use your PayPal account if you have one or use the PayPal service to pay with any credit card) at this link:
We look for unique products that are:
- Hand-made – made by the artisan from scratch, for example: the beads on a necklace are hand-made or come from a unique source.
- Quirky – unusual, interesting, inventive, arty and non-traditional.
- Good-quality – good value for the price.
To avoid disappointment, we encourage vendors to offer for sale some items valued at under $50.00.
(FYI here is the vendor directory for the 2019 event).
The 2019 Fair included the Good Book Sale which was very successful and we’re pleased to announce that it will be be a part of One & Only again in 2022. Vendors are encouraged to contribute.
Facility and Terms
- Every vendor is responsible for processing his/her sales transactions. Note: the venue now has public wifi service.
- A space measures at least 7 feet by 5 feet. One table will be provided per registered vendor (a rectangular table of 6 feet by 2½ feet; two chairs will be also be provided per table). A limited number of spaces have good access to an electrical outlet, every effort will be made to allocate these spaces to vendors who request them on a first come first serve basis. If your table is not right by an outlet and you need power please plan to bring your own extension cords.
- There is a limited amount of on-site free parking in the community centre parking lot; entrance off Sweetland St.
- There is a loading zone at the front entrance but please take care not to block the handicapped parking space there.
- Additional details about the event logistics and publicity will be provided closer to the date (typically in September).
- Advertising: Posters about the Fair will be put up in the Sandy Hill area, on Action Sandy Hill’s website, and ads will be placed in local newspapers and on social media. Cards will be distributed to local businesses. You will receive a digital version of the Fair’s poster, which you are encouraged to print and post in your area, at work and on your social media.
- Raffle: A raffle will be held during the Fair. A condition of vendor participation is a donation to the raffle of an item made by them valued at $20.00 or less. Items will be collected on the morning of the Fair.